Plunging minibus caught by truck

A Chinese motorist had a lucky escape when his mini bus plunged down a sheer drop off a mountainside road - and was 'caught' by a passing lorry.Yu Lin, from Nanyang, Henan Province, was on his way to collect his five-year-old daughter from a friend's house when his bus skidded on a mud patch and careered over the drop.

"I could feel myself falling and it all seemed to be happening in slow motion like a movie. I thought to myself, 'That's it, you're going to die'," explained Wu. 32.

"Then all of a sudden there was a bump and I stopped in mid air as if I'd been caught by a giant hand."

Astonished witnesses told police that Wu's bus had become wedged in the gap between the truck and the sheer bank in a million to one freak chance."Luckily the truck driver stopped instantly and the mini bus was stuck between it and the cliff and the driver could climb down to safety," said a Nanyang police spokesman.

Comments